Lima City Tour: One of the best tours around Lima and history of Peru. This excursion offers the best combination of the differents attractions in Lima and its three historical periods: pre-Hispanic, colonial and contemporary. In Lima, there were several pre-Columbian cultures dating back thousands of years old in Peru. It was part of the Inca Empire until was founded by the Spanish explorer Francisco Pizarro on January 18, 1535 as the capital of the Viceroyalty of New Castilla Spanish Empire. During our guided tour we will travel along its millenary history Peru.City Lima Tour.
- TRAVEL IN THE MORNING 9:15 A.M. approx.
- TRAVEL EVENING: 2:15 P.M. approx.
- TOUR DURATION: 3 ½ hours in Lima city tour.
- TYPE OF TRIP: Traditional
TOUR ANCESTRAL LIMA:
COLONIAL LIMA TOUR:
The Viceroyalty of Peru was the most important of the Spanish Empire and Lima was its capital. Highlights of its historical center architecture and urban design of the period, in the old streets with colonial mansions, Moorish balconies. Our trip includes the Paseo de la República, Plaza San Martin and Plaza Mayor, with their different buildings: Government Palace, the Archbishop’s Palace, the Cathedral and the Municipal Palace.
In the historic center we shall visit one of its most beautiful buildings, the Museum of the Central Bank, where appreciate Peru Treasures: A selection of objects made in gold, ceramics and textiles of its different pre-Columbian cultures, from its origins to the Incas, who captivate and impress visitors. (*).
Enter the monumental Convento de San Francisco, which is the largest collection of colonial art in America. The Choir Room and the Monks’ Library, the Sacristy, with its collection of Zurbaran and Rivera. The Big Patio of the Main Cloister, finely decorated with Seville tiles of the XVI century, its beautiful moorish arches and its subterranean crypts known as The Catacombs, where you will feel the presence of the past colonial.
TOUR CONTEMPORARY LIMA:
Visit to the most traditional residential areas in the capital: The Olive Grove of San Isidro, Miraflores and Larco Mar, distinctive tourist center of contemporary Lima and Privileged point to enjoy a spectacular view of the Pacific Ocean. (*) Central Reserve Bank Museum is closed to the public Saturday and Sunday evenings and all day Monday. The ideas and views contained in this publication may change or finalize without notice.
REGULATIONS WITH ALL TOURS LIMA CITY TOUR:
PACKAGE INCLUDES IN LIMA CITY TOUR:
- Bilingual Spanish–English Service
- Tourist transportation with professional driver
- Official Tourist Guide
- Ticket revenue to museums and attractions chosen
- Pick up from hotels in San Isidro, Miraflores and Lima
- Income taxes in Peru.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE LIMA CITY TOUR:
- Gratuities and extras.
- Meals not specified or drinks, unless specified.
- Travel insurance for city tour Lima.
- No additional service not mentioned in the program.
- Guide language other than English and Spanish.
IMPORTANT NOTES IN LIMA CITY TOUR:
- Rate in US Dollars and per person.
- This quote is a preliminary itinerary for confirmation of services mentioned.
- These rates are subject to change and / or change without notice.
- Valid for cash payment or Bank deposit.
- These rates are NOT valid for holidays or long weekends.
- The schedules are referential, any changes you will be informed at the destination city for our representatives.
- The tours are NON-REFUNDABLE, NON ENDORSABLE NOT TRANSFERABLE. It should be noted that adjustments may raise in rates that result from determinations of the service providers or entities.