Vilcabamba and Machu Picchu-6 days: The archaeological site of Vilcabamba is part of the complex system of Andean towns in Vilcabamba and Espiritu Pampa or Vilcabamba Nueva (New Vilcabamba) at the time of the Incas, it was united and in communication with Machu Picchu by a complex network of trails. This route is one of the last unexplored routes altrough today there are more people exploring more often with the landscape and the closest contact with the Andean people that parents in the typical customs and really unique in the world.
- Type: Adventure
- Visited Destinations: Cusco, Ollantaytambo, Inca Wasi, Hatun Pampa, Yanatile, Santa Teresa, Machu Picchu
- Duration:-6 days / 5 nights
- Price us $ 00.00
- Tours Day 1: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Malaga Pass – Chaullay – Vilcabamba
- Tours Day 2: Vilcabamba – Vitcos Rosaspata – Puma Open chaca or Azutina – Inka Wasi
- Tours Day 3: Inka Wasi – Racachaca – Hatun Pampa
- Tours Day 4: Hatun Pampa – Open Yana Cocha – Soyro Cocha – Open Cairn – Mutuy leg
- Tours Day 5: Mutuy leg – Yanatile – Santa Teresa
- Tours Day 6: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
- Prices include hotel accommodation, are based on double occupancy.
- Optional: Train in vistadome service, add $ 26.00 per person.
Vilcabamba and Machu Picchu-6 days / 5 nights
tours 1st Day: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Malaga Pass – Chaullay – Vilcabamba
Early in the morning we left the hotel transport northwest of the city of Cusco (3350m). On the way we look at the ancestral village of Chinchero (3760m), and in a short time to reach the richest area in the production of corn, known as the Sacred Valley of the Incas. In Ollantaytambo (2850m) is a brief relaxation. Following the passage of Málaga (4315m), descend deep valley Amaibamba, with a breathtaking view of Snowy Mountains and cloud forest. Chaullay (1200m), is the place to change the ascent route to town Huancacalle 3000m. Overnight. Travel time 9 hours. Cold and warm weather during the day.
tours 2nd Day: Vilcabamba – Vitcos Rosaspata – Puma Open chaca or Azutina – Inka Wasi
We visited the archaeological centers Vitcos Rosaspata (3080m) and Ñustahispana (3050m). From this region, the network of Inca Trail is well and some remnants are still among the vegetation of Vilcabamba “the last dynasty of the Incas”. We went through the passage of Pumachaca (4000m) and Azutina (3900m), then we locate our camp inside the valley Inca Wasi (3600m). Hiking time: 7 hours. Mosquito warm and cold weather.
tours 3rd Day: Inka Wasi – Racachaca – Hatun Pampa
During the day we can see the remains of the Inca Trail that are lost in the direction of the cominidad Racachaca (3700m). Racachaca is a village where we offer a warm welcome over lunch. Our camp is Hatumpampa (4000m) Hiking time: 5 hours in a cold climate.
tours 4th Day: Hatun Pampa – Open Yana Cocha – Soyro Cocha – Open Cairn – Mutuy leg
The sunrise is spectacular amidst stunning snowy therefore take steps Yanacocha (4420m), Tullu Tacanan (4500m) and Mojon (4500m). While we’re entering the valley Laco Cocha (3600m), we observe the mythical snowy Salkantay (6264m). The last stage of the Inca trail to Mutuypata, not well for being a commercial Andean way of some families living and the erosion of tropical forests. Our camp is in the cloud forest of Mutuypata (3250m).
Hiking time: 9 hours. Cold and warm climate with mosquitoes.
tours 5th Day: Mutuy leg – Yanatile – Santa Teresa
During the day we see the great natural wealth of flora, species such as orchids, bomareas, bromeliads and others that are still unknown to science. The Yanatile (2000m), is where we are able to continue by truck to Santa Teresa (1850m). Overnight in family lodging in Santa Teresa. This is also the place where we can take advantage of the hot springs.
Hiking time: 5 hours. Warm climate with mosquitoes.
tours 6th Day: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
At an average of 6am we took the tour bus to Machu Picchu (2400m). Guided tour of the historic sanctuary of Machu Picchu and recent excavations. Free time before returning to meet again in Aguas Calientes to take the train to Ollantaytambo and bus to Cusco. Warm climate with mosquitoes
INCLUDES Vilcabamba and Machu Picchu-6 days / 5 nights:
Private Service Vilcabamba and Machu Picchu:
- Private transfer from Hotel to Town Street Huanca
- Camping equipment high mountain.
- Meals during the excursion (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner / Option vegetarian).
- Professional guide (English or Spanish)
- Satellite Phone
- Cook, assistant and porters
- Horseman and mules, for all our camping gear and personal bags customer
- Emergency horse
- Truck Yanatile the town of Santa Teresa
- Truck Santa Teresa to the hydroelectric station
- Railway Station Hydroelectric to Aguas Calientes
- Tourist Train from Aguas Calientes to Cusco or Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and bus to Cusco.
- Family hostel in the village of Huancacalle
- Family hostel in the village of Santa Teresa
- Join the National Park of Machu Picchu.
- Bus up, Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Bus down from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Hostel in the town of Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu and Plaza hostel)
- First aid kit, oxygen and ropes.
Price does not include:
- Breakfast at the start of tour
- Lunch in Aguas Calientes
- Sleeping bag (If UD. Did not have this, we offer)
NOTE: Any increase by government authorities, either by entering the archaeological site of Vilcabamba, we will be forwarding him a sustained for the reasons that come to cause document.